Tuesday, September 30, 2008

My 10 Things

During one of my many blog perusing sessions, I came across another family type blog. Well her most recent entry was the ten things she loves most about her son. How sweet! Of course, at that instant I felt like a mean mom because lately my nerves have been shot. ***side note - today Nico was in a great mood! are the teeth finally done being a sore subject?!*** Anyway, I thought that it would be a really nice thing to do for my son - let him know my favorite 10 things about him. Here they are (man, I hope I don't get sappy and start bawling!) & (these are in no particular order):
1. The teeth! I can't help but do anything I can to get him to flash me those jumbo sized tic-tacs!
2. Hearing him repeat a word that was said, especially when I think he isn't even paying attention, and then hearing him repeat it through out the day. I really can teach him!
3. I love his neck!!! It is soooo the best place to plant as many kisses as possible within 15 seconds - because that is about all of the time you have before he wiggles out of your arms!
4. Believe it or not, him walking is the greatest! Mainly because NOW he will walk right over to you and grab out for a hug! Irresistible!
5. I like his little camera "ham" poses. Once that camera comes out, he knows what it's for.
6. Another of my favorites is to dress him like Dada. Obviously shopping has long been a compulsive addiction of mine, and it has now been made worse because I love the little man clothes.
7. This may be an odd one to some, and may be not at all to others, but...the smell of his breath. I do not have a reason why. It must be a mom thing - at least I hope because I don't want to be a weirdo.
8. His name. I don't know why we struggled for so long (uhh, until 2 days after he was born!) to come up with something. I'm glad that we named him Nicholas, but Nico has really grown on me. They really do grow into their names.
9. His fuzzy, ducky hair! Yes, I know that there still isn't much of it. However, what he does have...OMG, it's like the softest down feathers you have ever snuggled with. What makes it so great is when you are holding him and he rests his head on your shoulder. Then, I just nuzzle my face in it.
10. Probably my most favorite thing that has to do with my son is Time. Yep, because when I think about time, I think about the future and it makes me excited to wonder what new things he will do that will become my new favorites. Ahhh, when he's good it's great, and when he's not so good, I still love him!

No comments: